One way to create a more welcoming workplace is through a diversity training program.
And, certainly, orientation for new hires is important, so employees learn how to be inclusive, what the norms are, and how to handle problems. However, stressing diversity and inclusion during onboarding is not enough. Focus on diversity needs to be ongoing to be effective.
This refresher course is a more concise version of our 6-part series, Building an Inclusive Workforce: Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation.
How to Keep the Focus on Diversity
The makeup of the work force in the United States has changed a lot in the last twenty five years. And, without a doubt, workers are more diverse than ever. And, at this time, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans workers are more and more likely to be coworkers and employees.
This course is both a great way to remind employees of your company’s commitment to inclusion and offer another opportunity for discussion and engagement.
Topics covered in this training include:
- Defining sex and gender
- Explaining the difference between sex and gender
- Defining gender identity and sexual orientation
- Understanding common terms related to gender identity
- Explaining the difference between gender identity and gender expression
- Demonstrating how to be respectful and supportive of all gender identities and sexual orientations
Studies show that diversity leads to greater creativity and innovation. And, in an inclusive workplace, employees are more engaged with their work and team.
Building Diversity is an Ongoing Process
Make sure inclusion training isn’t just a one time occurrence. Studies show that periodic training is necessary to make lasting changes to work culture. For this reason, all staff should be trained at least once a year.
In fact, diversity and inclusion should be built into the fabric of workplace culture. Reinforcement is the key to making lasting impact on organization values.
Everyone can use a refresher on how to work well together while embracing diverse perspectives. Revisiting diversity regularly will not only help build employee morale, but also boost customer satisfaction and drive bottom-line business success.
Improve Your Inclusion and Diversity Training with Our LMS
To stay on top of your yearly Human Resources compliance training, you need a system that’s going to keep things running smoothly. By using our Learning Management System (LMS), you will be able to keep your employees safe and your company compliant with the law.
Above all our LMS is flexible, it’s customizable, and it makes your record keeping organized and efficient. Here are some of the best features of our LMS:
- Custom course assignments: A subscription to our LMS means that you have access to every training in our expansive library of content. Worried we won’t have what you need? We can also create custom courses or other content so your training fits your business. In addition, our LMS allows you to select courses and assign them to workers based on job titles or roles.
- Easy-to-use interface: Our interface was created for intuitive use that both employees and employers can understand. What’s more our LMS also comes with a feature that sends reminders to workers, encouraging them to complete their training sessions on time.
- Powerful tracking tools: Realize the full scale of your training program by accessing the training history of your employees, their competency progression, and a scheduling program to meet compliance requirements.
- Easy reporting: Keep track of data through custom reports, manage audits with advanced compliance tracking, and transfer training data to the appropriate databases.
- Access online or offline: Safety procedures should never be put to the side, which is why we make training programs available every day of the year. Online, offline, and on the go with mobile technology, your employees can undergo safety training at their convenience.
Keep your employees well-trained and safe through the convenience of our LMS today!
Demo Our Diversity Awareness Course for Free!
Want to ensure your workplace culture is inclusive and accepting? Request a free demo of our courses today!