Our Forklift Driver Safety Training
Forklifts and other powered industrial trucks make many jobs easier. In fact, forklifts are used in most industries, and workplaces around the world depend on them. However, they are also a common source of accidents and injuries. That’s why forklift driver safety training is crucial.
Moxie Media’s forklift safety training video course explains how to operate forklifts safely. In addition to forklift operator safety training, our program teaches all personnel what they can do to keep themselves safe when a forklift is in use.
Workers who successfully complete our online forklift safety training will learn to:
- Be aware of forklift hazards.
- Utilize informational sources for forklift safety.
- Maintain forklift stability.
- Utilize forklift terminology.
- Properly inspect the forklift.
- Safely operate the forklift.
- Take personal responsibility for safely using the forklift.
When workers achieve these learning outcomes, they can stay safe and compliant while driving and operating forklifts.
Forklift Safety Training Video Benefits
For your forklift driver safety training to be successful, it needs to be engaging, relevant, and accessible. At Moxie Media, we designed our online forklift safety training with this in mind.
Our forklift safety training videos can be taught at any time from anywhere. This means learners can move at their own pace. It also saves your organization the cost and hassle of arranging safety presentations.
We also shoot our videos on location, which allows workers to see our forklift driver safety training in action. When employees see safety issues in a familiar environment, they can better understand how to use the information and why it is important for their job.
Forklift Operator Safety Training Topics
Our online forklift safety training covers the following topics:
- What You Need to Know: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, about 30,000 people are injured and 100 people are killed each year in the U.S. from accidents involving forklifts. In this introduction, we explain why we use forklifts, what makes them dangerous, and what topics workers will need to learn in this forklift operator safety training.
- Information Sources: Having the right information about forklift operations is key to safely using a forklift. We review the different information sources workers should consult. These include OSHA regulations for the operations of forklifts (found at 29 CFR 1910.178), the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) forklift standards (ANSI B 56 Standards), operator’s manuals issued by manufacturers, load charts, and company procedures.
- The Stability Triangle and Forklift Terminology: In order to understand how forklifts work and the safety concepts for using forklifts, workers need to know forklift terminology. Our forklift driver safety training explains key terminology and concepts workers need to stay safe. These include the stability triangle, center of gravity, combined center of gravity, load center, and rated capacity.
- Forklift Inspection: Any worksite that regularly uses forklifts should perform a thorough inspection of the equipment each day or at the start of each shift. We take workers step by step through the inspection process and warn about potential hazards. Employees also learn the importance of these inspections for keeping everyone safe.
- Operating the Forklift: This forklift safety training video shows workers how to safely operate a forklift from start to finish. We discuss procedures for starting a forklift, operating without a load, engaging and lifting a load, loading and unloading, moving an awkward load, staying safe around power lines and electrical fixtures or equipment, and powering down the forklift.
- Your Responsibility: In addition to the technical elements of operating a forklift safety, workers must keep their behavior safe and professional as well. Don’t overlook this crucial step! We explain the dangers of common behaviors, such as smoking, horse play, speeding, tricks, and stunts, which should never be allowed on or near forklifts. We also discuss safety for personnel who are not forklift operators but may work near forklift operators.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
Make your forklift driver safety training easier than ever with our learning management system (LMS). An LMS is a piece of software that helps you manage training. Our LMS offers your team flexibility and accessibility, alongside powerful tracking and reporting tools.
No matter what you need to report or why, our LMS can help. We make it easy to transfer training data between our LMS and other databases and systems. Create custom reports or run ready-made ones on a schedule or as needed. With our advanced compliance tracking, you can also simplify audits.
Our LMS makes it easy to customize your training portal for your organization’s structure and needs. In addition to our forklift safety training video course, you can maintain training for any of the more than 300 other courses in our library. We also provide online, mobile, and offline training capabilities, so your workers can learn under any circumstances.
Request a Free Demo of Our Forklift Driver Safety Training
We’re confident our forklift driver safety training will meet your company’s needs. Request a free demo today and try it out for yourself. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us online or give us a call at 504-733-6907.