Our Hand and Finger Safety Training
When you work with your hands, potential hazards are all around. Workers may face pinch points, harmful chemicals, burns, fractures, and even amputation. Moxie Media’s hand and finger safety training program is designed to reduce these risks.
Hand injuries have the most potential to alter your everyday life. Unfortunately, they are also among the most common injuries in the workplace. According to the Department of Labor, hand or finger injuries account for 27% of all workplace injuries.
Workers’ hands are at the most risk on the workfloor. Together, it is the duty of both employers and employees to lower that statistic by promoting and practicing proper hand and finger safety in the workplace.
Our training course shows workers how to prevent hand injuries and protect themselves. We teach employees about following safe procedures for machine operations, using their eyes to recognize potential hazards before their hands are put at risk, and selecting the right work gloves for the job.
We also offer hand safety training specific to highly regulated industries. For more information, take a look at our Hand Safety for the Maritime Industry and Hand Safety & Injury Prevention for the Oilfield Industry courses.
Learn more about our hand and finger safety training and get your free demo below!
3 Steps for Hand and Finger Safety in the Workplace
Moxie Media’s training covers hand and finger safety in the workplace using 3 main steps:
- Hazard awareness has to do with identifying the various risks your hands are subject to during the course of any given task. Performing a JSA, or job safety analysis, works to break down each job or task into its steps, allowing you to examine each risk factor in greater depth.
- Once you’re aware of the potential hazards, you can begin developing safe practices and procedures to limit or eliminate the risks to your hands. These practices largely depend on the specific task you’re completing, the tools you’re using, and the environment in which you’re performing the task. With that in mind, you should conduct a JSA for each task you perform throughout the day to help you determine the proper safety practices and procedures.
- Lastly, it’s vital to keep hand safety in mind at all times. Accidents and hand injuries tend to occur when we get too comfortable with the work we do on a daily basis. That’s why you should always focus on the work you’re doing. We teach workers how to stay aware of where their hands are and where they’re going to be.
Moxie Media’s hand and finger safety training covers these 3 topics in great detail. We outline the basics of hand safety in relation to a number of different industries and jobs.
But that’s not all we have to teach your workers about hand and finger safety in the workplace. Subtopics covered in our training include:
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Tool maintenance
- Hand placement
- Good housekeeping
- Identifying hot work hazards
- Sanitary food preparation
- Safe handling of chemicals
- And much more!
Hand and Finger Safety Training Outcomes
Upon completion of our hand and finger safety training course, you and your team will be better equipped to identify hand safety hazards and reduce the risk of hand injury. Moreover, the safe practices you develop will become part of your daily routine.
As we mentioned previously, it is everyone’s responsibility to reduce hazards in the workplace. Every worker’s actions have the potential to alter their life—and the lives of their coworkers—forever.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
Our learning management system, or LMS, is the best way to facilitate training on hand and finger safety in the workplace—or any other health, safety, or HR topic. Moxie Media’s LMS includes offline and mobile capabilities, tracks employee progress with each course, and organizes training data to simplify audits. Not only that, but it is completely customizable to your company and provides you with access to our comprehensive eLearning Course Library.
Our course library contains over 300 workplace training courses. We make it our mission to help companies of all sizes and industries stay up to date with the best safety practices. In addition, our training courses and advanced compliance tracking make it easier than ever for you to comply with the latest safety standards in your industry.
Request a Free Demo of Our Hand and Finger Safety Training
Ready to sample our hand and finger safety training? Request a free demo below!