Moxie Media’s Online Fire Extinguisher Training Course
As you may already know, fire hazards are extremely common at most jobs. But do you know the science behind what causes fires to start or spread? What about the best ways to prevent and fight workplace fires? Make sure your entire workforce is prepared with Moxie Media’s online fire extinguisher training course.
Knowing the basics of fire science is the first step in effectively preventing fires and successfully extinguishing them. Our online fire extinguisher training course teaches workers the different classes of fires, as well as the extinguishing agents best suited for each class.
Among many other things, employees also need to be able to choose the right extinguisher and operate it correctly. We train workers on the proper use, placement, inspection, and maintenance of various fire extinguishers.
Looking for even more fire safety training? Moxie Media also offers:
- General workplace fire training and prevention
- Maritime fire training
- Flame-resistant clothing training
- Safe kitchen and gallery work practices training
Learn more about our online fire extinguisher training course below and request your free demo today!
Our Fire Extinguisher Course Online Components
For your convenience, our fire extinguisher course is online and accessible 24/7. But our training is also available offline and via mobile device, so workers always have training when and where they need it.
Moxie Media’s online fire extinguisher training course includes engaging videos that are shot on location, so workers can see fire extinguisher safety in action. We also incorporate quizzes to help ensure employee comprehension and retention.
This training explores fire safety by starting from the bottom up and dividing the topic into sections. Workers who follow our fire extinguisher course online or offline will learn about the following subjects:
- Classes of Fire and Why They Matter covers the science behind why fires start, spread, and continue to burn. A simple way for understanding the basics of fire is by referencing the fire triangle, which outlines the ingredients that fire needs to burn: oxygen, heat, and fuel. There are also several different types of fires, including Class A, Class B, Class C, Class D, Class E, Class F, and Class K fires. Fires are separated into classes based on which accelerant is present in the fire.
- Types of Portable Fire Extinguishers: Which One to Choose explains that there are several types of extinguisher to choose from, and each one is designed to extinguish a certain class of fire. In this section, students learn the difference between water extinguishers, dry-chemical extinguishers, foam extinguishers, carbon dioxide extinguishers, wet-chemical extinguishers, halon fire extinguishers, and dry-powder extinguishers—as well as which one to use in any given emergency.
- Operating a Portable Extinguisher explains the PASS (pull, aim, squeeze, and sweep) method. Gaining a working knowledge of the equipment you would need to use in the event of a fire is essential for responding in a quick and effective manner.
- Fire Extinguisher Location, Inspection, and Maintenance outlines the regulations and industry standards for proper extinguisher storage and maintenance. Organizations like OSHA require extinguishers to be inspected monthly. In addition, fire extinguishers should be properly labelled and stored in easily-accessible areas.
By following our online fire extinguisher training course, your workforce can learn to follow these and many more safety best practices. Having a deep understanding of each of these topics helps ensure that you and your employees are prepared to prevent and respond to fire hazards present in your workplace.
Moxie Media’s Learning Management System
Featuring offline capabilities and mobile compatibility, our learning management system (LMS) gives your team the training materials they need anytime, anywhere. So whether you’re in the office or out in the field, Moxie Media’s LMS is the best way to access our fire extinguisher course online, offline, or from your phone.
Our LMS provides you with access to the 300+ training programs in our eLearning Course Library, allowing you to tailor your training experience to your industry. It also comes with advanced tracking and reporting tools, which make it easier than ever to follow your employees’ progress and manage compliance audits.
Request a Free Demo of Our Online Fire Extinguisher Training Course
At Moxie Media, we want to make sure our training satisfies your company’s needs. Request a free demo of our online fire extinguisher training course below, or contact us online or by calling (504) 733-6907 with any questions.